Introduction of ISO 14001 certification: Fast growing era of Industrialization has created environment risk in different aspect. Considering Global Warming Risk, all the countries have to fulfill its environment commitment. Considering Environmental Crisis, ISO have issued ISO 14001:2004 Standards to deal with environmental issues globally.
Adaption of ISO 14001:2004 should be a strategic Decision of any Organization; Design & Implementation & time required is mainly depend on the following factor Present Policy, Procedure & Practice.
Organizational Environmental Issue
- Environmental Objective of organisation
- Scope (Activities, Products or Services) of EMS of Organisation
- Environmental Impact Aspect of organisation
- Legal & Regulatory Requirement
Benefit of ISO 14001:2004 Certification: Considering todays world concern of global warming and environmental aspect, each country have its commitment towards environmental issues. In such scenario EMS Certification help organisation in much way, some of these may be as below:
- ISO 14001 helps Organisation to reduce waste handling cost.
- Reduces environmental liability risk
- ISO 14001 increases profitability by saving energy & better utilization of natural resources.
- ISO 14001 Enhance branding of Organization.
- Continual improvement of environmental performances.
- Process through PDCA (plan Do Check Act).
- EMS Certification also help to Increase Profitability
- EMS helps business to ensure better compliance of legal & regulatory requirement.
Roadmap for QMS ISO 14001:2004: Roadmap and plan for ISO 14001 Certification basically depend on various factors, but mainly following are the main factors of the EMS (ISO 14001:2004) Certification.
- dentify the applicability of ISO 14001:2004 to your organisation.
- Make Decision for ISO Implementation/Certification.
- Get skilled team or hire services of consultant.
- Identify GAP Analysis.
- Make Implementation Plan.
- Opt PDCA [Plan-Do-Check-Act] cycle.
- Design, implement, aware about the Environmental Policy, Environmental Objectives, Impact Aspect Study & Documentation.
- Establish & evaluate the system and procedure.
- Identify the boundaries of the management system and produce documented procedures as required.
- Ensure these procedures are suitable and adhered to the requirements.
- Once developed, internal audits are needed to ensure the system carries on working.
ISO 14001:2004 CERTIFICATION PROCESS
|1||Application to TNV & Quotation.||5||Stage-2 Audit|
|2||Review of Application||6||Surveillance Audit.|
|3||Agreement between TNV & Client.||7||Special Audit (if required)|
|4||Stage-1 Audit||8||Extension Audit.|
Cost of ISO 14001:2004 Certification Services:
What is the cost of an audit to ISO 14001:2004?
Charges for ISO 14001:2004 Certification may depend on the size, location, Complexity of operation, Processes and its inter-relevance. TNV produces a guidance price list based on company nature & size.
|AUDIT FEES||MAN DAYS BASIS||NATURE||VARIABLE|
|Registration fees||Depending on number of offices & Size||Nature||Variable|
|Other Expenses||Like Travel, Hotels & Misc. Exp||Nature||Variable (Actual basis)|
Integrated Management System:
QMS may be integrated with other similar standards, Family of the management system standards viz:
- QMS- ISO 9001:2008
- EMS-ISO 14001:2004
- OHSAS 18001;2007
- ISO 22000:2005
- ISO 20001:2005
- ISO 27001:2005
- HACCP Certification
Apply for ISO:
Contact Us: If you plan to go for ISO Certification, you may ask for Quotation by providing your organization information in application form TNV F 001, you can download the application form by clicking on Download link available at the website or submit your inquiry through feedback. Alternatively you may send your inquiry through mail to email@example.com
Myth regarding ISO 14001:2004:
- ISO 14001:2004 Standards are for big organization only.
- ISO 14001:2004 Standards required Uniform Documentations for every organisation.
- ISO 14001:2004 certification is a Product certification.
- ISO 9000 & ISO 9004 are also certification
The incredible impact of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 on organizational practices and on trade has stimulated the development of other ISO standards and deliverables that adapt the generic management system approach to specific sectors or aspects. Some of these are given below:
|Sector||Standard or series of standards|
|Customer satisfaction||ISO 10002:2004, ISO/TS 10004:2010|
|Energy||ISO 50001, TC 242|
|Food safety||ISO 22000:2005|
|Information security||ISO/IEC 27001:2005|
|Health care||IWA 1:2005|
|Local government||IWA 4:2009|
|Medical devices||ISO 13485:2003|
|Petroleum and gas||ISO/TS 29001:2007|
|Ship recycling||ISO 30000:2009|
|Supply chain security||ISO 28000:2007|